Real estate agent is a critical part of the buying and selling process. A good real estate agent can offer unique insights and share his experience. They also assist you in taking a huge part of this stress and burden of selling or buying a new property. While choosing a real estate agent, you are performing a rigorous job; actually, you are choosing a stranger for an incredibly important task.
Your expectations should be demanding, as you are buying or selling one of your biggest assets. It is really important to choose an agent with a high degree of professionalism and dedication to work. You should choose an agent, who has a good reputation, still is committed to impress his/her clients. So, there are some guidelines, which must be followed, in order to find and hire a good agent:
What features you look for in a potential agent?
• Clear enthusiasm for addressing your needs
• Ability to meet all requirements
• Commitment to work, honesty, knowledge of the current market trends
• Professional designation and membership of the local, state or national real estate institute
• Good knowledge of the area in which the agents is working
• Knowledge of the price bracket that the client wants to sell
Then, if you have found several candidates, you can make a shortlist of questions and interview the agents.
Here are some suggested questions you can ask during an interview:
• What is your experience as a real estate agent?
• Are you working as full time or part time agent?
• How long have you worked in this property line?
• Do you generally represent buyers or sellers?
• How many prospective buyers approach you?
• What are your strengths are as a real estate agent?
• Which marketing strategy do you suggest is the best one to pursue for our property?
After interviewing each potential candidate, just compare the answers and choose the best one.
Then, the experienced agents should provide you with:
• Contact with potential buyers or sellers
• Access to market sales in your area
• Give advices on how to present your home properly
• Develop negotiations between you and the potential buyers or sellers
• Developing marketing and advertising strategy
• Available access to a range of marketing options
• Advice on the most appropriate method of sale
• Effective administration of all requirements
• Ongoing meetings and discussions about the updates and how well the things are going on
Real estate agent’s fees
The agent will charge a fee to sell or help you buy your property. For example, in selling fee is usually a percentage of the selling price. However, be ready for some additional costs like, photography, advertising, etc. The best agent will explain all in detail, without concealing any important information.
Work as a team
So, when you have chosen the best agent, who meets all your requirements, you should not just disappear from the process leaving all for the agent to do. You should cooperate with him/her to make a good team. You are working in partnership to find a buyer or seller, who will pay the best price for the property or will sell a good property with good amount of money.